My name is Maria Hatziminadakis . I am a 2nd grade teacher at Plato Academy Tarpon Springs. I relocated to Florida from New York five years ago, where I taught for seven years, working with children in grades Pre-K through 3. I have received my Master's degree in Childhood Education, as well as my English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) endorsement. Teaching is truly my passion and I am blessed to be part of the Plato family.
Ms. H’s Homeroom (2B)
8:15 a.m – 8:40 a.m. Arrival/ Bell Work
8:40 a.m – 9:10 a.m. Greek
9:10 a.m. – 9:40 a.m. PE
9:40 a.m. – 9-55 a.m. SSR
(Silent Sustained Reading)
9:55 a.m. – 11:40 a.m. ELA
11:40 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. Science
12:15 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Recess
12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. – 1:40 p.m. Art, Music, Health
or Social Studies
1:40 p.m. – 3:05 p.m Math
3:05 p.m. – 3:30 p.m Dismissal
THINGS TO REMEMBER & HOMEWORK POLICY
1. School starts at 8:40am. It is important your child is on time.
2. Please remember to pack a healthy lunch for your child. Try and eliminate candy and soda in your child’s lunch. Healthy alternatives are juice, water or milk.
3. Students should read Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for 20 minutes a night.
4. Make sure your child is well rested and has breakfast every morning.
5. Attendance is important. Please have your child on time at school unless sick, doctor’s appointment, or emergency. When absent a note is required or it will be an unexcused absence.
6. Homework is assigned on Thursday and is due the following Thursday.
7. Pack an easy to eat snack and a fresh water bottle every day. Please remember this is a nut free classroom.
To assist our students in achieving their full potential by requiring and nurturing high academic and behavioral standards in a safe, supporting, challenging and enthusiastic environment fostered by a commitment and cooperative effort between the schools, parents, guardians and community.